Project Poni

Fan series for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

What does it all mean?

Caucaphony

What does it all mean?

Post  Caucaphony on Sun Feb 26, 2012 10:43 pm

Just an interesting title. I was actually wondering what the storyline will be on about, or more specifically, I heard a rumor that you would be animating "My Little Dashie" and wish to confirm the validity of this rumor. Mostly because if someone already has that taken care of... well, my friend and I where going to start animating Fanfics, so MLD was on the list.
    DJToast3

Re: What does it all mean?

Post  DJToast3 on Mon Feb 27, 2012 9:29 am

If you were part of lasts nights live stream you would have found this "MLD" Rumour is about 50/50 true, because were not actually animating the whole of my little dashie, just a promo, we do not have a team on that much of a scale to actually be able to complete it, it would take us years, we HAVE thought about doing it when TeamPoni becomes a larger team, but at the moment we aren't planning to animate the whole film, just a few promo's
    Caucaphony

Post  Caucaphony on Mon Feb 27, 2012 11:18 am

I did catch a bit of the LS, and I saw the compleation of what I asumed was the title screen, which actually prompted me to think the rumor was truth. Anyway, MLD on our end won't be entirely animated, kind of like a "Who Framed Roger Rabbit?" sort of deal, which cuts down on cost and time by a lot. Plus he knows how to insert animation into live action deals.
    StygianWhite

Post  StygianWhite on Mon Feb 27, 2012 7:41 pm

Well, I'd love to see a link to it! Sounds interesting.
    Caucaphony

Post  Caucaphony on Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:19 pm

I might, but this A. Isn't the site for such things and B. It's still in it's planning stages. We still need VA's and a whole slew of cash and time. Hang around Ponychan for awhile, or even Equestria Daily, and you'll see it. I'm directing, and I'm not posting anything till it's completly done though. No teasers and than people bugging us for updates, just two of us, and our outsourcing for VAs.
    Tabby444

Post  Tabby444 on Mon Mar 05, 2012 10:13 am

Sounds like you have an interesting project! Hope all goes well for you and your "MLD" type of project. It's the epiphany of a sad story. Smile
    Caucaphony

Post  Caucaphony on Thu Mar 08, 2012 3:29 pm

Well, yes it's sad, and don't get me wrong, I've read it 4 times, and cried every time, but it isn't the best story in the fandom. Hell, it isn't even the saddist one out there. It isn't even THAT well writen. But the emotion conveyed IS strong, and it is almost, hands down, the most popular fic in the fandom. Fallout:Equestria is gonna be our second, and well as bits and peices of the Pony Psycology Series, and those will almost definatly be more fun to work on. Oh, and thanks! Don't mean to come off as a total asshole.
    RestamSalucard
    Admin

Post  RestamSalucard on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:44 am

The PP team itself seems to be split 50/50 on whether or not MLD is the greatest, most emotional fanfiction ever written or insipid emotionally manipulative twaddle. If we did manage to make something of it, it would probably be the last thing we did together...
    StygianWhite

Post  StygianWhite on Fri Mar 09, 2012 12:50 am

I can safely say I enjoyed MLD, though it was indeed a bit corny and awkwardly written. It's also one of the very few fanfics I've ever read through completely, because I simply enjoyed the premise and the story itself. I may be in the 50% that doesn't agree it's amazing, or the saddest fanfic ever, but I'd still be very willing to make something out of it as a team project, if it ever comes to that.
    RestamSalucard
    Admin

Post  RestamSalucard on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:16 am

Well, from what I recall of the argument, we had Grapefruit accusing DrDoozer of having no soul. Foxy Lee refused to take any part in it. And then BaldDumboRat made that post: http://jitterbugjive.tumblr.com/post/16875595752/1-we-love-you-even-if-you-didnt-like-mld-as-much-as
    StygianWhite

Post  StygianWhite on Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:32 am

I will admit I had no real urge to re-read it after reading it once, for many of the reasons BDR mentions in that very post (both of us obviously being some of the supposedly few people who didn't get all emotional). In addition, the whole thing of him talking about wanting a Rainbow Dash plushie to snuggle up with at night (a guy, probably over 18)... kinda creepy. And personally, I thought the story would have been better if the main character didn't know much about MLP, adding a bit of intrigue to the conflicting ideas finding a cartoon pony in the street (and making it feel less like a self-insert... ugh), and DRASTICALLY changing the scene where RD finds out who she really is, to something a little less... forced?

I understand things like this could ruin a story for someone, but I still say I was able to enjoy it to a decent degree upon reading it, though with the numerous issues did keep me from actually getting too emotionally involved. And yeah, the only notable thing that helped me enjoy it was the premise/story. So, really, this is not so much a serious read as many make it out to me, but a fun read in my opinion.
    Caucaphony

Post  Caucaphony on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:15 pm

I've gotta say, the only reason it did touch base with me so hard is because I have a daughter. Though I didn't mean to spark this argument, it inevitably happens whenever someone mentions how good or bad MLD is, and if it made them cry or not. All of my Brony friends (USMC mind you) where crying when I read it aloud. Some of them didn't have kids, and I asked them later why it was so touching to them, and they didn't know.

The guy definatly isn't one of the greatist writers in existance, but he did happen to stumble on some kind of odly touching matirial. Like I said before though, love it or hate it, it IS one of the most popular fics, alongside "Somewhere Only We Know", "Cupcakes", and "Fallout:Equestria", and that is the only reason we're doing it. Than again, I don't think we had our diffrences about it, and we definatly want to keep as much of what the origonal has, so it will be received either the same, or better.

And one last thing, Stygian, an older dude with a stuffed animal, creepy? Has this fandom not taught you anything, dude? I don't know if you accept furries or not, but I know quite a few, and a lot of them like plushies (and for non-sexual reasons, as far as I can tell). All I'm saying is, as far as creepy things about people, or charicter flaws, you could do a lot worse than a man seeking some kind of comfort at night. I'm also gonna have to disagree with you saying it would have been better if he hadn't known MLP for 2 reasons. 1- he was trying to get Bronies to connect to the main Char, and 2, if you found a filly RD in the street, not being a fan of MLP, would you have kept it? If I was in his shoes, and wasn't a fan, I'd have sold her on e-bay tbh.
    StygianWhite

Post  StygianWhite on Fri Mar 09, 2012 4:39 pm

Caucaphony wrote:Though I didn't mean to spark this argument, it inevitably happens whenever someone mentions how good or bad MLD is, and if it made them cry or not.

My biggest problem regarding criticism is the arrogance of some people who don't like it. Now, BDR gave an honest, unoffensive opinion, and I respect that. I think the kind of people I'm talking about can be found in Cracked.com's "The 7 Stupidest Things That Make People Proud" list: #7. Not Liking Something Popular I'd don't consider this as an argument, but more of a discussion. I like those more anyway, lol.

Caucaphony wrote:And one last thing, Stygian, an older dude with a stuffed animal, creepy? Has this fandom not taught you anything, dude? I don't know if you accept furries or not, but I know quite a few, and a lot of them like plushies (and for non-sexual reasons, as far as I can tell). All I'm saying is, as far as creepy things about people, or charicter flaws, you could do a lot worse than a man seeking some kind of comfort at night.

I guess I found the wording in that part to be kinda 'off', actually, lol. I'm also friends with furries; plenty of them actually. Whether they have plushes, I have no idea.

Caucaphony wrote:I'm also gonna have to disagree with you saying it would have been better if he hadn't known MLP for 2 reasons. 1- he was trying to get Bronies to connect to the main Char, and 2, if you found a filly RD in the street, not being a fan of MLP, would you have kept it? If I was in his shoes, and wasn't a fan, I'd have sold her on e-bay tbh.

Maybe it was due to the relative bluntness of his like for the show that made it seem uninteresting to me, and still I think it would have worked better if his experience with RD just grew this loving, kind spirit within him which the show itself is supposed to do. I will say if I ever found a cartoon pony in a box on the sidewalk one night, I may just be tempted to take it home, regardless of whether I liked the show or not. It's not like a stray puppy where you can just take it to a shelter; this is a pony with a polychrome mane. What else could I do with it? I'd not show it to anyone, because who knows how I'd explain that. I'd also hate to think the only reason he kept her is because he likes the show.

Regardless, I wish you the utmost luck with your project!
    Caucaphony

Post  Caucaphony on Fri Mar 09, 2012 5:02 pm

StygianWhite wrote:
    My biggest problem regarding criticism is the arrogance of some people who don't like it. Now, BDR gave an honest, unoffensive opinion, and I respect that. I think the kind of people I'm talking about can be found in Cracked.com's "The 7 Stupidest Things That Make People Proud" list: #7. Not Liking Something Popular I'd don't consider this as an argument, but more of a discussion. I like those more anyway, lol.

I do believe I have been corrected on my wording. Very good sir, lol. It is a discussion, as no one is caps locking obscenities yet. I think you're right though, some people do say thy don't like it, simply because everyone else does... at least I think that's what you where getting at.

StygianWhite wrote: I guess I found the wording in that part to be kinda 'off', actually, lol. I'm also friends with furries; plenty of them actually. Whether they have plushes, I have no idea.

My apoligies, reading over it, it does seem a bit off. What I mean to get across is, love and tolerate, dude. And I know Furs who are great people who cuddle with plushies at night, and they aren't creepy. I just thought you where going in the wrong direction for disliking the main char. simply because he cuddles with... well, a stuffed lion.

StygianWhite wrote: I will say if I ever found a cartoon pony in a box on the sidewalk one night, I may just be tempted to take it home, regardless of whether I liked the show or not. It's not like a stray puppy where you can just take it to a shelter; this is a pony with a polychrome mane. What else could I do with it?

Sell it.... on e-bay... to someone who would give a sh*t about her.

No, but I see what you're saying, and how that would have made the story deeper, and a bit more... maybe... enjoyable. However, as I said previously, not the best writer in the world, he could have done better, he could have made us connect deeper, he could have split each break into a seperate chapter, things like that.

StygianWhite wrote: Regardless, I wish you the utmost luck with your project!

Thanks, man Very Happy
    DJToast3

Post  DJToast3 on Sat Mar 10, 2012 9:10 am

I come back after a week and find all this conversation.

O U GUYZ

I doubt were doing any My little Dashie JUST yet, and I'm not EVER planning on doing the full story as a film, that would take us years.
    We still need to think about ProjectPoni.
    And how we have a lack of animators
    Caucaphony

Post  Caucaphony on Sat Mar 10, 2012 1:09 pm

Yes, that is a problem. Perhaps you could go around ponychan or newgrounds, and see if you can find other flash animators to help out, after finishing a first ep. like a pilot or something.

yf222

Post  yf222 on Wed Apr 04, 2012 7:34 pm

i might be able to offer up an idea.....you see theres another project with plenty of good animators...just lacking voice actors......care to work with them

Zerato

Post  Zerato on Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:36 pm

yf222 wrote:i might be able to offer up an idea.....you see theres another project with plenty of good animators...just lacking voice actors......care to work with them
    And this project would be...?

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Mon Aug 20, 2018 11:39 am