Project Poni

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Project Poni

Fan series for My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic

+4
Dr. Doozer
Poneon
DJToast3
amondaymorning
8 posters

What is your target demographic for Project Poni?

Poll

What is your favorite time of year?

[ 2 ]
    What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_left22%What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 0 ]
    What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_left0%What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_right [0%] 
    [ 2 ]
    What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_left22%What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_right [22%] 
    [ 1 ]
    What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_left11%What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_right [11%] 
    [ 4 ]
    What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_left44%What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Bar_right [44%] 

Total Votes: 9
    amondaymorning
    amondaymorning

What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Empty What is your target demographic for Project Poni?

Post  amondaymorning Sat Nov 19, 2011 11:20 pm

So yeah, will you take the project down the childish, cartoony, constant 4th wall breakage path? Or down the semi-dark, serious, riddled with very adult jokes path? OR.... Are you planning to go down a road that is in-between these two? It would be nice to know.

(To be honest, either way is fine. I want to see how this plays out.)
    DJToast3
    DJToast3

What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Empty Re: What is your target demographic for Project Poni?

Post  DJToast3 Sun Nov 20, 2011 6:47 am

aMondayMorning wrote:So yeah, will you take the project down the childish, cartoony, constant 4th wall breakage path? Or down the semi-dark, serious, riddled with very adult jokes path? OR.... Are you planning to go down a road that is in-between these two? It would be nice to know.

(To be honest, either way is fine. I want to see how this plays out.)

We're trying to keep to the same going as the normal series of FiM, and with season 2, they've kind of gone for a more brony knowing, we're not going to be all childish because, i don't want the audience thinking were treating them like kids.
    Poneon
    Poneon

What is your target demographic for Project Poni? Empty Re: What is your target demographic for Project Poni?

Post  Poneon Sun Nov 20, 2011 8:53 am

I do hope the target audience is E or very least E+10
    My lil sister watches FiM I hope she will be able to watch your series too^^
    amondaymorning
    amondaymorning

Post  amondaymorning Sun Nov 20, 2011 11:08 am

===========JUST A SUGGESTION==========

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, you can make a creepy/mindf**k episode every season that borders on the PG-13 rating, but not releasing it into the public; making it availiable for download. (No descriptive gore, please. I'm traumatized enough as it is.) I've always enjoyed a frightening, brain-melting story,
    ... *cough* Fight Club *cough* ... So why not? Shocked

==========JUST A SUGGESTION==========

That is... If you want to..... *squeak* Embarassed
    DJToast3
    DJToast3

Post  DJToast3 Sun Nov 20, 2011 1:08 pm

aMondayMorning wrote:===========JUST A SUGGESTION==========

Maybe, JUST MAYBE, you can make a creepy/mindf**k episode every season that borders on the PG-13 rating, but not releasing it into the public; making it availiable for download. (No descriptive gore, please. I'm traumatized enough as it is.) I've always enjoyed a frightening, brain-melting story,

I'm not sure, maybe halloween 2012, ill let the writers answer this.
    amondaymorning
    amondaymorning

Post  amondaymorning Sun Nov 20, 2011 4:38 pm

Sounds "groovy". afro
    Dr. Doozer
    Dr. Doozer

Post  Dr. Doozer Wed Nov 23, 2011 5:31 pm

amondaymorning wrote:===========JUST A SUGGESTION==========

I will make no guarantees.
    amondaymorning
    amondaymorning

Post  amondaymorning Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:05 am

It was just a suggestion. I will definatly stick around, though.
    lemongrenade

Post  lemongrenade Sun Dec 04, 2011 12:31 pm

You could keep it totally the-show-level of childlike and Bronies will still watch.
    I mean we're Bronies, come on.

But a little subtly implemented grimdark might make it SO much more entertaining for us.
    Here's hoping the writers CAN pull that off in the subtle ways that say, Pixar have been able to.

I dunno why there's this fascination with inserting grimdark into innocent, nice things like MLP.
    But it's there, and it really does make it so much better sometimes.

Adult emotions like be stirred now and again is my guess.
    amondaymorning
    amondaymorning

Post  amondaymorning Sun Dec 11, 2011 10:21 pm

Ok first off, let's face it; the innocence of the show is cute and we all love it. But if you stay at that level, it starts to run dry. By adding Grimdark/adult imagery/jokes, it's adding a sense of humor aspect to the higher aged demographic i.e., being able to please more people at once. I'm not suggesting that you throw in sex joke after sex joke (If you do, For the love of god, spread them out), just little here-and-there puns that don't make the show seem so linear. *cough*G's 1, 2, and 3. *cough* I need to get this cough checked.

Secondly, I have never in my life felt so popular before. I mean, my thread has almost 200 views AND has been acknowledged by one of the writers. I love you all and thank you for answering my questions. santa tongue
    StygianWhite
    StygianWhite

Post  StygianWhite Mon Dec 12, 2011 1:11 am

Ok first off, let's face it; the innocence of the show is cute and we all love it. But if you stay at that level, it starts to run dry. By adding Grimdark/adult imagery/jokes, it's adding a sense of humor aspect to the higher aged demographic i.e., being able to please more people at once. I'm not suggesting that you throw in sex joke after sex joke (If you do, For the love of god, spread them out), just little here-and-there puns that don't make the show seem so linear. *cough*G's 1, 2, and 3. *cough* I need to get this cough checked.

Secondly, I have never in my life felt so popular before. I mean, my thread has almost 200 views AND has been acknowledged by one of the writers. I love you all and thank you for answering my questions.

I've always appreciated the approach of writing about issues that kids can understand, but in a mature fashion, or adding a level of depth that adults can really connect with, but kids can still enjoy. Adult imagery may alienate some people, while I feel plot depth is relatively harmless and enhances the experience for everybody. Adult humor can come across as immature.

Though, there may be room for a visual/spoken reference to something only an adult would understand (The Big Lebowski ponies), which generally provides a neat memorable image for the older viewers. This also allows for allusions or metaphors where a simple kid-friendly plot can be based on a more serious topic that the older viewers can catch on to, yet the younger audience can follow easily even though they may not catch the deeper meaning behind the elements of the story.

I feel this takes much more creativity, and enhances the experience far greater that simply adding adult themes/imagery/humor.
    Arki
    Arki

Post  Arki Mon Dec 12, 2011 4:18 am

StygianWhite wrote:

Secondly, I have never in my life felt so popular before. I mean, my thread has almost 200 views AND has been acknowledged by one of the writers. I love you all and thank you for answering my questions.

I've always appreciated the approach of writing about issues that kids can understand, but in a mature fashion, or adding a level of depth that adults can really connect with, but kids can still enjoy. Adult imagery may alienate some people, while I feel plot depth is relatively harmless and enhances the experience for everybody. Adult humor can come across as immature.

Though, there may be room for a visual/spoken reference to something only an adult would understand (The Big Lebowski ponies), which generally provides a neat memorable image for the older viewers. This also allows for allusions or metaphors where a simple kid-friendly plot can be based on a more serious topic that the older viewers can catch on to, yet the younger audience can follow easily even though they may not catch the deeper meaning behind the elements of the story.

I feel this takes much more creativity, and enhances the experience far greater that simply adding adult themes/imagery/humor.
    oh thank Celestia you didn't just nod to that. okay I've basically been trying to put my opinion into this like 5 page comment but it really just boils down to just please for the love of Celestia and Luna if your into that just please don't make it anything near apple/dress/whatever kinds of stunts they try to pull next).mov i don't care if you throw a sex joke in i mean of course i won't like it i hate sex jokes but i mean my Celestia i can't even find myself to watch those things i agree with the second part of my quote but my Celestia ANYTHING BUT (CRAP)apple/dress.MOV okay thats all i want to really get out there you make this series anything like those and me a grown man will probably burst into tears im looking forward to this its like extra ponies but man...
    anything anything but those...
    DJToast3
    DJToast3

Post  DJToast3 Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:51 am

Arki wrote:
    StygianWhite wrote:

oh thank Celestia you didn't just nod to that. okay I've basically been trying to put my opinion into this like 5 page comment but it really just boils down to just please for the love of Celestia and Luna if your into that just please don't make it anything near apple/dress/whatever kinds of stunts they try to pull next).mov i don't care if you throw a sex joke in i mean of course i won't like it i hate sex jokes but i mean my Celestia i can't even find myself to watch those things i agree with the second part of my quote but my Celestia ANYTHING BUT (CRAP)apple/dress.MOV okay thats all i want to really get out there you make this series anything like those and me a grown man will probably burst into tears im looking forward to this its like extra ponies but man...
    anything anything but those...

As much as a enjoy max gilliardi's animations, i will never have any inappropriate comments or content in ProjectPoni.
    As far as I'm concerned, well i know!, projectponi will not have:
    Rude content.
    Sexual content.
    Shipping.
    Gore.

Alright?
    StygianWhite
    StygianWhite

Post  StygianWhite Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:29 am

Besides, ProjectPoni isn't really a parody series, like the .MOV videos.
    Arki
    Arki

Post  Arki Tue Dec 13, 2011 10:04 pm

just making sure of course i believed you guys but i was making sure their was no possible chance in anyway shape or form it turns out like the .MOV vids.
    amondaymorning
    amondaymorning

Post  amondaymorning Wed Dec 21, 2011 9:57 am

Arki wrote:just making sure of course i believed you guys but i was making sure their was no possible chance in anyway shape or form it turns out like the .MOV vids.
    Even though the .MOV vids are rude and socially unacceptable, you have to agree that the quality of the animation is amazing. Max Really puts some effort forth into making fun of My Little Pony.

And like StygianWhite said, keep the humor on the down-low, and keep Pinkie Pie completely random.
    StygianWhite
    StygianWhite

Post  StygianWhite Wed Dec 21, 2011 1:21 pm

amondaymorning wrote:
    Arki wrote:just making sure of course i believed you guys but i was making sure their was no possible chance in anyway shape or form it turns out like the .MOV vids.
    Even though the .MOV vids are rude and socially unacceptable, you have to agree that the quality of the animation is amazing. Max Really puts some effort forth into making fun of My Little Pony.

And like StygianWhite said, keep the humor on the down-low, and keep Pinkie Pie completely random.

The animation is pretty good, though it is VERY far from the original animation style, and Project Poni's goal is to recreate the original style in some way.
    naahdude
    naahdude

Post  naahdude Mon Jan 02, 2012 11:08 pm

>.mov videos
    >parody

Oh god my sides
    DJToast3
    DJToast3

Post  DJToast3 Tue Jan 03, 2012 11:10 am

amondaymorning wrote:

Yes, max made a very good animation, and he is a great animator, but his style of his animation isn't the thing were aiming for.
    We're trying to go for the style of FiM's actual series

Sponsored content

Post  Sponsored content

Current date/time is Fri Apr 26, 2024 4:30 pm